InnovationWell has created a new forum sponsored by Sun Microsystems which is dedicated to discussing approaches for combating drug counterfeiting & trafficking.
We are having a first conference call discussion Thursday 30 March, 11:00am - noon EST (i.e., 08.00 California, 11am New York, 5pm London, 6pm Zurich since daylight-saving-time this week is in effect in the European time zones but not yet in the US time zones.)
To request a place in the conference call simply email me at barry.hardy [at] douglasconnect.com and I will send you dial-in instructions by return via email.
The initial program will address current issues and challenges in the introduction of new technologies and processes for ensuring the legality and safety of drugs obtained by patients, including RFID-tagging, automatic product checking to track product throughout the supply chain and new IT-based approaches to security and privacy protection such as federated identity management.
Conference Call Discussion Agenda:
1. Introduction & Welcome, Ulrich Meier, Sun Microsystems Inc. [5 minutes]
2. Overview of RFID in the Pharma Industry, Jim McKiernan, McKiernan Associates [10 minutes]
3. Sun RFID Solution for Drug Authentication, Liz From and Vivek Khandelwal, Sun Microsystems Inc. [10 minutes]
4. ProIdent Open System for combating counterfeit drugs, Dietrich Heinicke, CADAC GmbH [10 minutes]
5. Identity Management in the Life Sciences: Compliance, Privacy, Information Life Cycle Management, Dr. Hellmuth Broda, Sun Microsystems Inc. [10 minutes]
6. Open Discussion [20 minutes]
Presentations may be viewed prior to the conference call by logging into the InnovationWell website at http://innovationwell.net/. Subsequent to the call I will prepare and post a short summary article.
(Continued with discussion of the background and some the issues raised)
InnovationWell meeting workshop management executive Drug Counterfeiting Federated Identity Management Drug Safety Pharmaceutical Industry Patient Safety Healthcare RFID Track and Trace Sun Microsystems Innovation Knowledge Management forum